„Das ist ja abgefahren!“ – 3 Nutzer-Erlebnisse mit der BVG
In Berlin kann man sich ausgezeichnet zu Fuß, mit dem…
two weeks ago I wrote that I am sorry for you. I explained that I like you and your awesome drivers but that you definitely deserve a better travel information system that makes it easier to use you.
I wrote a mail to smt (Société de transport de Montréal) with a link to the post and received a nice response within two hours. That’s what I call a super-fast service considering the fact that it was already late Friday afternoon!
And you won’t believe what they wrote me! Take a seat because I have exciting news for you:
… our buses will soon be equipped with an intelligent system that will simplify your life. This system will monitor the movements of all buses in real time so you know exactly what time your bus will arrive and if any service disruptions will affect you. Service status data will also be available on various information platforms. The chosen solution – a powerful, scalable, high-tech system.
Among the tools that will keep our customers better informed are the following:
• 26 passenger information terminals at some bus stops and 64 in as many métro station entryways
• Visual display and audio message devices aboard buses
• An app for the visually impaired
• Real-time information on all existing platforms (smart phone apps, SMS, Web and mobile Web, interactive voice response (IVR))
Furthermore they sent me a link to more information about the new iBus system¹. There is also an explanation video². I can’t really understand what the charming French speaking young man describes (because my French really sucks), but from what I see in the video, I can tell that new cool things are coming.
So let me tell you the highlights:
As far as I understand, only 26 stations will be equipped with new terminals for now. But for the rest of the stations it could help already if the printed timetables get a redesign as I mentioned in my last post.
So all in all I am really excited for you! Things will change to the better and I am really looking forward to ride with you when I come to Montreal the next time!
Jenny, a passenger
1. This is the iBus explanation video:
2. Here is an wikipedia article about the iBus system in London: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBus_(London)
3. More information about IVR: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interactive_voice_response